Exercise Tips to Help You Lose Weight
10 Exercise Tips to Help You Lose Weight
There are things you can do to improve the effectiveness of your work outs. Here are 10 quick exercise tips to help you lose weight and stay motivated.
- Make sure you get a good night’s sleep and limit stress.
- Stay hydrated. Be sure to drink plenty of water during the day to help remove toxins and reduce hunger. Watch out for the empty calories in some sports drinks.
- Do something you enjoy. Exercise can be fun and choosing an activity you enjoy doing will help keep you motivated.
- Do resistance training first. By doing your weight training before your cardio you’ll deplete the glycogen stored in your muscles forcing your body to burn fat for fuel during the cardio portion of your workout. This is my favorite exercise tip!
- Exercise in the morning if possible. Get your workout in before the distractions of the day get in the way.
- Stick to a schedule. You need to be committed to work out consistently if you want to see real results. You can start off with 15 minutes 3 times a week and build from there. Aim for at least 5 times a week for a minimum of 30 minutes.
- Make sure you breathe properly. Your body uses more oxygen when you exercise so breathe deeply.
- Warm up and cool down. Stretching for 5 minutes before and after exercise will help prevent injuries and muscle fatigue.
- Work out with a friend. Having a work out buddy can help keep you motivated!
- Listen to music or books on tape while you exercise. Just be careful to be aware of your surroundings while you do.
If you have any exercise tips of your own that you would like to share please leave a comment. I’d love to hear about them!
Be sure to consult your physician before starting any diet or exercise program
ONSUMER NOTICE: This is an affiliate ad supported website. If you buy something through an ad, link, or recommendation on this website, we may get paid an affiliate commission. Thank you.
Like this post? Subscribe to my RSS feed and get loads more!