Tips to Avoid Weight Gain During the Holidays
With the Holidays here again most of us will no doubt put on a few pounds. But there are steps we can take to avoid that extra weight.
I actually started on the Diet Solution in mid December of last year and LOST weight during the Holidays!
1. Plan ahead. Before you go to a gathering where you know there will be temptation, eat a healthy meal. Then enjoy small portions of festive food and drink.
2. Stick to your regular work out schedule. We all know how important it is to work out regularly and if we over indulge, even just a little, it’s important to keep our metabolism up.
3. Schedule your cheat meals. When you’re planning to attend parties or holiday meals where you know you’ll be tempted, use those meals as your cheat meals. Then enjoy the meal without guilt and get back to your regular eating routine the next day.
4. Stick to your regular eating plan unless it’s a scheduled cheat. Then enjoy your occasional indulgence without guilt!
5. Use portion control. If you’re going to eat foods that you know you should avoid, at least eat them in smaller portions.
6. Stick to your guns. Don’t allow others to sabotage you by tempting you to break with your plan. Have a plan and stick to it!
7. Fill your plate with the healthiest food choices available. If there are limited choices use portion control and plan to eat a healthy meal when you get home.
9. Reward yourself for your efforts! Looking forward to a new pair of running shoes or a massage would be a great way to keep you motivated when faced with all those Holiday temptations!
Like this post? Subscribe to my RSS feed and get loads more!